Sunday, August 09, 2020

1000 Days...



It has been 1000 days since I took my last drink. That's almost 33 months. 24,000 hours. You've read my other posts, so it's needless to say that my life has changed... a lot. The most sobriety I've ever claimed before was around 11 months, when in all honesty it was more like a couple of weeks or a handful of days. I've never made it far at all to really enjoy what sobriety had to offer and I most DEFINITELY did not believe what people were telling me when we would read "the promises" out of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. Today, I can tell you they are TOTALLY true.

We are going to know a NEW freedom and a NEW happiness. 

We will not regret the past... nor wish to shut the door on it. 

We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know PEACE.

No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.

That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.

We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.

Self-seeking will slip away. 

Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will CHANGE!

Fear of people and economic insecurity will leave us.

We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises?

I DEFINITELY THINK NOT!


No comments: