Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Rocky Mountain Hiiiiiighh...


Just ask anyone who knows me relatively well, and they'd probably be able to tell you that my favorite city that I've visited would be Denver. If I had to move today, that would probably be my new "go-to" locale. I'm not sure what it is... it just seems to have so much fun "city" stuff, but is right there at the foot of the Rockies and can give you some of the most beautiful nature scenery that you've ever seen. You've never been? I highly, highly (was that a mountain joke? Or a legalized marijuana joke? Hmm...) recommend it!!!


The last trip I made to Denver seemingly ended as quick as it began. Mom and I flew in late one night, and we were home before the next night. It was a great trip that gave Mom a brief experience of mountain scenery and just whet my appetite just enough to make sure I would long to return as soon as possible. We did make some stops at some must-see Denver sites (Tattered Cover bookstore), but we spent most of our time up in the mountains. It was cold and wet, but otherwise a great trip.


A few years later, Megan and I planned to spend our first vacation together taking a road trip back to the Rocky Mountain State. Some car troubles 72-hours before we were scheduled to leave changed those plans and we wound up going to Dallas. It was a good trip... but no competition to a trip to Colorado. Ever since then, it has been at the top of our list. The next trip somehow took us to Lawton. Yeesh. We were FINALLY planning on going to Denver this spring, to celebrate the successful conclusion of the Spring semester and to enjoy some R and R before the chaotic Summer semester kicked off. Sadly, the 'rona interfered with that and we decided to postpone. Neither of us felt safe travelling with the pandemic AND we weren't sure on whether or not we should use up PTO that might need to be used for other things (like quarantining or something). The 'rona is still going strong, but the Summer semester was such a doozy that I decided that I HAD to get out of town for a bit. We made a few changes to Denver plans, which basically just means spending time in the mountains and/or away from people.


So... unless the car acts up within the next (under) 24 hours... Denver is FINALLY happening. We hit the road tomorrow. Wish us luck! I'll post another blog of our adventures soon!

No comments: